Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Yo Adrian! It's Sylvester Stallone

I saw the listing on the Good Morning America website - One on one with Sylvester Stallone!  Figuring it was a pretaped segment from some hotel room somewhere in the city, I planned to head over to the Today Show to try and catch Melissa McCarthy from 'Bridesmaids'.  But when Marie texted me this morning to tell me they expected Stallone live I had to get down there.  Not too many people at the barricades when I arrived, and I squeezed my way up to the front next to Marie.  Pretty good timing I guess, because soon the grapherazzi arrived, surrounding us from behind. 

No more than twenty minutes later, Stallone arrived, and the madness began.  Pictures on styrofoam bards appeared over my head and both shoulders, like some kind of Octopus reaching out for an autograph or eight.  I kept shotting as I nudged arms out of the way to get a clear shot of Sly, who happily signed before heading inside.  I'm detecting a trend here...the old school celebrities are much more gracious to their fans than the younger ones. 


With plenty of time before work, I headed over to Today, hoping to catch Melissa McCarthy leaving the studio.  Rick was there, hoping to see her as well, but we had no luck...she garaged it.  We did get to see Al Gore exit the studio (and get into a hybrid SUV!) but my camera is still playing games with me so I didn't get any clear shots.  Tommy Mattola was also there, but I have no idea what he looks like and I was hungry, so I went to get breakfast and get to work on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment